Tuesday, July 10, 2007

112 & 113 Phibsborough Road, Phibsborough, Dublin 7


These two gafs have been like this for as long as I can remember. They're right next to the "Cross Guns Bridge", which is at the junction of the Phibsboro Road and the Canal/Villa Bank/Whitworth Road. You can see that at some point they made a bit of an effort to clean them up by putting in paintings of window frames but they're still a fucking disgrace. I remember a planning application up on them a while back but nothing seems to be happening with them, except people parking their cars in the front yard. I think they may have been sold as one lot along with the pub next door, which was once the Cross Guns Inn (I think? I was never in there anyway), now called Smyths and gone more upmarket. So maybe the pub owns them and will do something with them. They're on a prime site, the apartments around the corner - with a wonderful view out the back of the Mountjoy Wall - sold for shitloads.

No comments: